Sunday, November 29, 2009

Family-Friendly FM Stations

When my dad passed away last June 25 2009, I was literally devastated inside. One thing God used to help me recover and stay in focus is by listening to godly music; music with lyrics that really inspire me to move on.

Today, I'm going to share to you some of the great Internet-radio stations that you can listen while online. To get started..

  1. Click this site AR On The Air
  2. Choose a station from the list. Yes there are bunch of good family-friendly FM stations on that site.
  3. My favorite for now is 89.5FM KTSY. Their Christmas music is soooo cooool! Truly, this station is family-friendly, all Christian-filled lyrics, meaning no "sexy, naughty, bitchy", hatred, suicidal, racist, and ghetto type of lyrics.

  4. Just click the "Listen Now" link from that site and you're done! Of course, you need media player installed in your machine.

In my case I installed a Firefox toolbar which makes it easier for me to listen to those stations.

  1. Download and install this excellent and free program from Applian Technologies: Freecorder
  2. Once the toolbar is in your browser (please do not use Internet Explorer as a support to the Open Source community), you have to add the URL of the stations you want.
  3. So go back to the AR On The Air page
  4. Click "Listen Now" button-link. It will open a new browser window and a media player installed in your computer.
  5. Copy the URL from your browser's address bar
  6. Click the dropdown list in your Freecorder toolbar to add the URL of your station
  7. Click Define Your Own Station button
  8. Paste the URL in the URL box
  9. Write the name of the FM station, not necessarily the exact name of the FM station
  10. Choose Windows Media Player (or whatever media player you have in your machine)
  11. Click OK.

That's all. Happy listening while browsing the net! :) By the way, A BIG THANKS for all who prayed for me and my family during those hard days.

No comments:

Post a Comment